Monday, August 30, 2010

Discovering New Mexico

This week has been much better than the last.  We are settling into a routine, things that were broken/not working have been fixed, and we've started playing tourist.  Today I even had a glimmer of hope come through for a couple of jobs. 

That was me trying not to spit flames out
Yesterday we went to the Salsa Festival.  You pay a few dollars for a wristband and chips then you get to taste test all the salsas and vote on the best.  Being as they aren't wimps here, most of them were very HOT.  Though my face turned red and my eyes were watering- at one point Todd even said my tastebuds looked swollen- I sucked it up and tried most of them.

Enjoying the pool- now that it's filled up
The first day we went the water they were still filling it up so it was kind-of chilly. We've only been to the pool twice so far but I'm sure we'll be spending a lot of time in it!
Cloudcroft: This picture may be a shock to those of you who thought there were no mountains in New Mexico

Heuco Tanks State Historical Site



Heuco is popular for it's rock climbing and pictographs.  It's actually in Texas but still close enough for us to visit frequently.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I'd be all over the Salsa Festival- YUM! My favorite picture is the one of Todd and Baby Joe (which is what my kids call him) with the baby backpack.

    Good luck with the job hunt. Glad the trauma of the move is behind you and lots of new adventures await.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you guys are settling in okay and are having fun! I kind of wish we would have gone out of state even though I wouldn't have been able to start graduate school at the same time as Hans. Is Todd liking grad school?

    ReplyDelete